Tuesday, January 1, 2008

are you mine?

i can't wait in line. jay is busy with backlog of repairs and that is not even his job! (it's all gratis et amore). so i did it with the help of internet. it is actually just a minor CLA (clean, lubricate and adjust) of a rolleiflex tlr camera. it is for sale. a patient lent it to me.
well, i had time just before a new year lunch celebration with the inlaws. and i finished with enough time for taragon tea.
the timer was not working.
the shutter was not firing at slow speeds.
the gaskets were all gone and one washer was missing -- signs that this had been opened before.

my impatience paid off this time. but i don't think i should be doing this again. but my patient said she had complete trust in me. and i think i had enough guts and a little skill to do it. ;) my father left me that legacy -- both guts and skill. had i been listening and watching more, i would have gotten more skills from him. (he was a mechanical engineer).

the zeiss jena lens is heavily fogged. but i think it will still work well under certain conditions.
postmortem:
the shutter is now working at all speeds but a tad off in the slow speeds. timer is now also working.
it is now ready for a 120 film ... so off i go to buy film today before i visit a balikbayan cousin and my mother. they will be my first subjects.

photos taken with the canon g7.

No comments: