Saturday, March 15, 2008

the elderly fil-am beggar

"i hope you won't tire helping me, brother." his veneer of good english is rudely broken by the mire of his dire poverty. james cutter is a beggar at the quezon memorial circle. he is an american mestizo who he sits behind the restaurants, along the walk with a plastic cup in one hand. he is my usual last stop for the morning exercises. for days though he was out. joy and i thought something serious had happened to him. he reappeared yesterday with a new sign. he also showed his swollen knees and complained of asthma. he does not know that i am a doctor. i have not even introduced myself. but i wonder what his real story is. below is a photo i took with my zorki 1. (yup, i lug a film camera even with my exercises).

i wanted to tell him to delete "me" before asthma. maybe, tomorrow i will, when i see him.
these are previously posted photos of the gentleman:
above photo was taken with a rolleicord tlr.

he has a collage of photos he took of celebrities. i have not seen his camera. i hope it is also a rangefinder.

No comments: