Tuesday, March 25, 2008

living as a refugee

shifting gears from workplace to home has been tough lately. a flight of stairs and a gate help as reminders. and a sign that says "private" tells me i am entering "home". perhaps, others would love this situation where one does not have to hurdle traffic and pollution. but i miss my "cave" where i can spend some time listening to music from my gyrodec. somehow, the woes and sorrows of patients that repeatedly play in my ears are replaced by the big sounds of my favorite jazz and classical albums. and my family charitably grants me this personal space alone in that cave, just before dinner. and when i get phone calls, they know what to say, "sorry, my 'tatay' is busy resting". i miss home. and it will take one more month for renovation to finish.
the mind, however, will always find ways to cope. i am glad i have my other passion -- the camera -- and whatever visual delights i can take on. the wife understands, as usual. otherwise, she will have no rest either.

No comments: